Here are some tips from Scotty’s Transmission and RPM Automotive to prepare for winter driving.
- Have your vehicles battery tested. Cold weather is hardest on batteries.
- Inspect your wipers and washers. Be sure you have washer fluid rated to -20 degrees or better.
- Have your coolant tested for freeze level and PH levels.
- Inspect your tires for tread depth and be sure tires are rated for mud & snow.
- Always carry tire chains. Have chains fitted before you need them to insure a proper fit.
- Be sure to have an ice scraper, blanket, gloves, flashlight, water and snacks in your vehicle.
- Never leave home without a jacket for all passengers.
- Thoroughly clean all windows of snow and ice.
- Last but not least, check road conditions before you travel. Avoid travel when chains are required if at all possible.