Well, here we are. Start of winter and still no signs of snow. I know some of you are as anxious as I am to get out and play in the snow and some are not looking forward to driving in the snow but the snow will be here soon enough. Here are some tips from Scotty’s Transmission and RPM Automotive to prepare for winter driving.
- Have your vehicles battery tested. Cold weather is hardest on batteries.
- Inspect your wipers and washers. Be sure you have washer fluid rated to -20 degrees or better.
- Have your coolant tested for freeze level and PH levels.
- Inspect your tires for tread depth and be sure tires are rated for mud & snow.
- Always carry tire chains. Have chains fitted before you need them to insure a proper fit.
- Be sure to have an ice scraper, blanket, gloves, flashlight, water and snacks in your vehicle.
- Never leave home without a jacket for all passengers.
- Thoroughly clean all windows of snow and ice.
- Last but not least, check road conditions before you travel. Avoid travel when chains are required if at all possible. www.safetravelusa.com
Call or go to our website www.rpmautomotiveinc.com or to our Facebook Page to schedule an appointment to have RPM Automotive or Scotty’s Transmissions inspect your vehicle for winter driving conditions. We wish you a safe and trouble free drive.